Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It really really burns!!

last night I simply couldn't wait to get home from work. There were heavy clouds in the sky, and I wanted to fire up my burner and furnace combo for at least 5 minutes to see if everything will hold up.

this is the result....


This is the setup I'm using now.
This thing is scarily heavy so I "salvaged" a shopping trolley cut the basket off and made a push-cart to move this lump of concrete around.



This post courtesy of Trade Centre pty.(ltd)



I will get around to replacing the bricks holding the burner up for something more permanent..
I'm still looking for a way to modify that blower as well. I blows way too much and having it that far away is just a waste of energy.

This is after all a very "green" environmentally friendly machine. It burns old used motor oil... yeah that black stuff they replace when doing an oil-change on your car. Yep! So the environmental impact stems from the fact that that oil aren't left in some landfill outside town, it gets used to generate heat which does useful work.

Though in all honesty I use it because its cheap!!

Okay here is what used motor oil looks like through my burner... this thing is scary HOT!..


I love this pic. just look down into the very bowels of hell!











another one.


















Tonight I will fire it up for 10 minutes to see if the refractory holds up...

Will let you all know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, ek sien nou eers dis actually jou blog die, cool man !!

    so, hoe't g-aand se firing gegaan ??

    OK, check bietjie my blog: http://the-reaping.blogspot.com/ my poging om bietjie creative te skryf.....

    check lunch tyd !!

    ReplyDelete