Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The refractory pour

okay I poured the refractory clay today, and I must say I'm a bit scared and surprised at how crappy it came out, it seems to be cracking all over, so I hope that fixing it with more clay after this pour has dried out a bit will work....

Too bad I couldn't get castable cement here in Windhoek.

the clay I used was a Elgin works product made by vereeniging refractories. If anyone knows someone there that I could contact it would be much appreciated.


<---- This is the clay. Apparently one just adds water and mixes to make the clay, but with the amount of cracking it does, I suppose there is a bonder of some kind still needed.








Ahh well I'll push through anyways and hope it works ... I've done things that way for a loooong time... I anyways didn't forsee this time to be any different to any of the other stuff i've done, and they turned out okay.


<--- If you look on the sides you'll see the severe cracking I'm complaining about..












Okay so next thing will be to cut and pour the "Lid".


.....Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment