Monday, January 12, 2009

The Start02 (10/01/2009)


Okay I found a 20 liter plastic paint bucket This will become the "hole" inside the furnace into which the crucible will be placed ... The crucible holds the metal to be melted down.












In order to hold the bucket centre and also keep it from going right to the bottom of the furnace I have fixed some normal carpentry 90 deg. fixtures flush with the top of the furnace. Since they are all exactly the same length I'm pretty sure the bucket will be centred. The bucket will "hanging" off these four brackets...









<---- Like this......
The next thing I did was to mark out where the best position for tuyere will be in relation to the bucket hanging inside the furnace body. And then to cut the hole. I made it square for a reason which I hope will become apparent in a future update.







BTW. I tuyere is basically the hole where you'll put the burner into. It is the burner that does all the hot stuff.





okay next I fitted the tuyere tunnel. Again I used g-clamps and those brackets to keep everything lined up at close to 90 Degrees, and at the necessary angle.











Right that is the basic structure of the furnace... Sofar there has been no brain surgery involved at all... I hope everything else goes this smooth and quickly...

In the next update We'll start pouring the refractory cement around our bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment